Sunday, June 12, 2011
Cupcakes in a Cone!
These are the sweetest cupcakes ever! My daughter just turned 7 and wanted to celebrate her birthday with cupcakes at school, so I decided to make these and they were a hit! The kids were surprised to bite in and taste cake! SO YUMMY and easy to make and decorate!
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 (18.25) ounce package cake mix (your favorite) I used strawberry since Maddie likes pink! :)
- 24 flat bottomed ice cream cones
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (you can use your favorite chips as well)
- 1 ounce of candy colored sprinkles
- 1 tub of your favorite icing
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Prepare the cake mix according to directions on the box. Place 10 chocolate chips on the bottom of each cone (this is optional, but makes a great surprise for the last bite!)
3. Fill each cone about 3/4 full of batter, up to the first ridge. Place cones in the cups of a cupcake pan - I used my mini muffin pan and it worked great!
4. Bake for 15 minutes (over-baking will make the cone taste rubbery)
5. Let the cones cool, then frost and decorate with candies or sprinkles! I am telling ya, they will be a HIT!