I snagged this recipe from my friend, Brittney and I think it’s about the best scone recipe I’ve tried! So easy to make and the scones just come out beautifully! You can add any ingredient to your scone, I chose cranberry and white chocolate and it was simply delicious! Great for afternoon tea or brunch with friends. Add some lemon curd, fresh whipped cream and jam and you’ve got a party!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter. Mix the egg and milk in a small bowl, and stir into flour mixture until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly.
- Roll dough out into a 1/2 inch thick round.
- Cut into 8 wedges, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.