Friday, May 13, 2011

Good for You Bread Crumbs


So, the other day I was chatting with a friend about bread crumbs (meaningful conversation between 2 moms, I know..) and I was mentioning how bad bread crumbs are at the stores, so many fillers and preservatives and SODIUM – take a look at the ingredients of the bread crumbs in your pantry… it’s pretty shocking!   So, we decided that we’d make our own (how hard could it be, right??)  So, lately, I’ve been freezing my bread “butts” and the smashed bread slices that Austin seems to get to, making the most of each slice of bread!  Today,  I threw the slices into my food processor along with some Italian seasoning, thyme and basil, processed it all up and voila, I had homemade bread crumbs without all the additives!
So the next time you are tempted to toss out old bread, freeze it and make bread crumbs! You could even keep it and take it with you to feed some ducks! J

No comments:

Post a Comment