Sunday, May 1, 2011

Baked Banana Oatmeal

Thinking about oatmeal, reminds me of my childhood when Mom would make outmeal for breakfast on cold mornings before school!  The tradition carries on with my children... this version will make your heart smile and your tummy wanting more! 
INGREDIENTS:
3 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk (I use fat free milk for a little less calories)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 bananas mashed
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet)
METHOD:
Preheat oven to 350
Mix all ingredients together and stir well.
Spread in a greased 9×13 pan.
Bake for 20 minutes - oh, you will love the smell of this yummy dish!!
If you like it a little crunchy on top cook for a few minutes longer.
Serve with warm milk poured over top and a dash of cinnamon!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment