This has got to be the BEST brownie recipe I have EVER tasted! Hands down!! And if you are a fan of caramel, you are in for a real treat! I made these for my family and my "health conscious" hubby couldn't stop eating them! Get ready to knock your tastebuds through the roof!
- 1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup chopped nuts ( Optional )
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 35 (10-oz. pkg.) caramels, unwrapped
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine cake mix and nuts in large bowl. Stir in 2/3 cup evaporated milk and butter (batter will be thick). Spread half of batter into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Heat caramels and remaining evaporated milk in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted. Sprinkle morsels over brownie; drizzle with caramel mixture.
- Drop remaining batter by heaping teaspoon over caramel mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.